Monday 14 November 2016

Catch up

Good morning,

I am sorry to have been so long in doing a blog, I think that I have had writers block and crochet block as well I have not been productive at all for the last couple of months.

I am feeling back on track now and although we have had a busy few weeks I have been crocheting again.

First things first I have put up the final 2 parts to the CAL 2016 on Ravelry and my website so that anyone who wants to finish for Christmas can work the borders and finish on time.....



I had a wonderful time at the Hobbycrafts show last week, we really enjoyed meeting everyone again.

I was really proud to have had a picture of my stand taken and added to the ICHF twitter account,

https://twitter.com/thecraftshows and scroll down to Nov 6th

if I had known I would have looked happier, I was coming down with a bad cold which finally hit me on Sunday evening when we were back at the hotel.
Thank you so much ICHF...



Unfortunately we have decided not to attend any more shows at the NEC, so I am afraid that we will not be there in March 2017.
Thank you to everyone who came to chat with us and buy my patterns over the last five or six years.
Please don't forget that you can contact me by email.  ali.crafts@ntlworld.com


I will be at the British Wool Show at Thirsk next year.

All my designs are on Etsy and Ravelry the links are on my website,  I am not giving up designing, just not going to the big shows they are costly to do and very hard work...

Finally I am sorry that we ran out of the Christmas tree bunting pattern so here it is :-

 Materials Required

Oddments of Double Knitting yarn and a ball of Twilleys Goldfingering
4.00 hook



  1. 4ch., 2tr. 3ch., 3tr., 3ch., 3tr., all in the in 4th. ch. from hook, 3ch., ss. to join in 3rd ch. at beg.     ( 3 groups of 3tr. and 3 x 3ch. loops)
  2. Ss. into the next 2tr. and into the ch. sp. 3ch., 2tr. 3ch., and 3tr. into same loop this makes a beg. corner group, 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) this makes a corner group, 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) 3ch. ss. to join in 1st tr. Fasten off.
  3. Ss. into the next 2tr. and into the ch. sp. 3ch., 2tr. 3ch., and 3tr. into same loop this makes a beg. corner group, 3ch., 3tr. in next sp. between groups, 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) 3ch., 3tr. in next sp., 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) 3ch. 3tr. in next sp., 3ch., ss. to join in 1st tr.
  4. Ss. into the next 2tr. and into the ch. sp. 3ch., 2tr. 3ch., and 3tr. into same loop (3ch., 3tr. in next sp. between groups,) twice, 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) (3ch., 3tr. in next sp.,) twice, 3ch., ( 3tr., 3ch., 3tr. in next loop,) (3ch. 3tr. in next sp.,) twice, 3ch., ss. to join in 1st tr. Fasten off.
  5. Using the 2 strands of goldfingering, work a standing tr. in centre loop on the lower edge, 3tr. 3ch., and 4tr. into same loop (3ch., 4tr. in next sp. between groups,) three times, 3ch., ( 4tr., 3ch., 4tr. in next loop,) (3ch., 4tr. in next sp.,) three times, 3ch., ( 4tr., 3ch., 4tr. in next loop,) (3ch. 4tr. in next sp.,) three times, 3ch., ss. to join in 1st tr. now make the trunk, 3ch., 1tr. in same place, 1tr. in 2tr., 2tr. in last tr., turn 3ch., 1tr. in same place, 1tr. in 4tr., 2tr. in last tr. Fasten off.
Standing dc.   =   place a slip knot on the hook place in stitch  work dc. as normal

Standing tr.  =  place a slip knot on the hook wrap yarn round the hook and place in stitch work treble as normal
I will also add it to Ravelry and my website if you prefer to download a copy.

Happy Crocheting everyone

Ali xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment